Need to veganize breakfast? We’ve got you covered!
- Prep Time: 25m
- Cook Time: 10m
- Total Time: 35m
- Category: Breakfast
- Vegan Sausage of Choice – we recommend Tofurky or Field Roast Breakfast Sausages
- Everything Bagels or Multigrain Bread, Toasted
- Vegan Cheese of choice – we recommend Chao
- 1 package Extra-Firm Tofu
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Salt
- dash Ground Pepper
- Mix nutritional yeast, water, oil, turmeric, black salt, and ground pepper together in a bowl. Cut tofu block into 1/4-1/3 inch blocks. Put blocks into shallow dish and cover in marinade for 20 minutes.
- After tofu has sat in marinade, place in pan on medium heat. Sear both sides until edges start to brown. Nearing the end, place a piece of cheese on tofu to melt.
- Heat Sausage according to package instructions. Toast bread or bagel. You can add tomato, greens, avocado, or sautéed onions.
- Assemble sandwich and eat up!!