These flavor-packed tofu kebabs are made with summer veggies and tofu soaked in a spicy Mediterranean-inspired marinade. Cook them up on the grill or in the oven and served over spiced basmati rice.
Recipe from Connoisseurus Veg
- Prep Time: 15m
- Cook Time: 40m
- Total Time: 55m
- Serves: 4 people
- Category: Main Course
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more to taste)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) package extra firm tofu, drained, pressed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- Turmeric rice (or plain basmati rice)
- Fresh cilantro
- In a medium bowl stir together the coconut milk, lemon juice, tomato paste, garlic, paprika, cumin, turmeric, cayenne, salt and pepper. Add the tofu, zucchini, and pepper and gently stir to coat. Allow to marinate at room temperature for at least 1 hour.
- Arrange the tofu, zucchini, and pepper pieces on skewers.
- To grill: lightly oil the grate and and place the skewers on the grill. Grill over a medium flame until lightly charred and the veggies are tender, about 10 minutes, brushing with excess marinade while grilling and turning halfway through.
- To bake: Preheat the oven to 400° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arranger the skewers on the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake unit lightly browned in spots and the veggies are tender, about 35 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Divide the skewers onto plates with rice, sprinkle with cilantro, and drizzle with tahini. Serve.