Below is the secret to the World-Famous LBJ’s Mac N Cheez. Well, maybe not “World-Famous” yet…
- Total Time: 30m
- Serves: 8 Servings
- Category: Comfort Food
- 1 Box of Pasta (Elbows, Spirals, Small Shells, or Penne
- 1 package Cheddar Daiya
- 1 cup Rice or Almond Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Bring milk to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add Daiya to milk and whisk until there\'s absolutely no cheese shreds on the whisk.
- When the sauce becomes thick set burner to simmer.
- Continue whisking for 5 more minutes and add spices.
- Let cool for 2-3 minutes and then add to pasta.