Want to try your hand at a homemade holiday nog? This recipe is simple and very tasty!
Recipe from Oh My Veggies
- ½ cup raw cashews
- Rum (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup canned, full-fat coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup hot water
- Whole cloves, for garnish
- In a small bowl, soak the raw cashews in the hot water for at least 30 minutes. Drain.
- Pour the soaked cashews, almond and coconut milks, dates, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves and salt into a high-speed blender and blend until creamy. You can strain it if you like, but not necessary as it is very creamy and thick without straining. Serve cold with rum (if you like!) and garnish with whole cloves.